- RS3 Senntisten Quest Review: All You Need To Know! - October 1, 2021
- Kalphite OSRS Location Guide : The Best Guide! - September 30, 2021
- Duradel OSRS Guide: The Highest Level Slayer Master - September 30, 2021
During your time in Gielinor, you’ll encounter all types of creatures, people, and bosses. However, most gamers won’t visit certain locations because the enemies don’t provide the best XP rates that are found in most guides. Therefore, Training Slayer is a wonderful skill since it will take you all around the map to places you’d never go to.
Also, you’ll have to kill all kinds of creatures, which can drop rare loot. However, high-tier monsters will require having a certain Slayer level to kill, which makes it a vital skill to train. Gaining levels is extremely slow, but players who love PVM shouldn’t find this as a negative.
Furthermore, iron man accounts are limited to recourses, which means they rely on killing monsters to gain supplies. Some items are exclusive to Slayer monsters, making it essential to train.
To train the Slayer, you’ll need to receive kill tasks from masters. They are located all around Gielinor and have different requirements. Today, we will discuss everything you need to know about Konar quo Maten, a mid-high tier master.
Who Is Konar?
Konar quo Maten’s name translated means “Konar the Hunter”. She is a Slayer master that lives on the summit of Mount Karuulm, which is in Kahlith. To get a task from Konar, you’ll need level 75 combat level. Therefore, making the Slayer master have somewhat difficult requirements.
The best method to reach her is via Rada’s Blessing 3 or 4 teleport, which will take players to the top of the mountain. The blessing is obtained by completing the Kourend and Kebos hard or elite tasks. Also, you can use the fairy ring network and use the C-I-R code.
Moreover, players can use the NPC contact spell to talk to her and gain assignments. This means you won’t need to travel so far and get the tasks you want. However, it won’t work at first because you need to speak to her before it becomes an option.
What Are Slayer Points?
Players will receive Slayer reward points after completing an assignment. The amount varies depending on how many tasks have been completed in a row. Also, for Konar, if you’ve completed the Kourend and Kebos diaries, the number of points increases by 10%. Although she is the 3rd highest tier Slayer master, Konar provides the 2nd most reward points.
- Base amount: 18
- Post Elite Diary: 20
Every 10th Task:
- Base amount: 90
- Post Elite Diary: 100
- Base amount: 270
- Post Elite Diary: 300
- Base amount: 450
- Post Elite Diary: 500
- Base amount: 630
- Post Elite Diary: 700
- Base amount: 900
- Post Elite Diary: 1,000
How To Use Slayer Reward Points
Slayer points are essential to progress in the skill. They let you do a variety of upgrades that provide quality of life improvements. These are the items and upgrades you’ll want to save up for:
Quality Of Life Upgrades:
- Gargoyle Smasher: This will automatically deal the finishing blow if you have a rock hammer in your inventory.
- Slug Salter: This will automatically deal the finishing blow if you have a bag of salt in your inventory.
- Reptile Freezer: Desert Lizards will automatically get dealt the finishing blow with an ice cooler in your inventory.
- Shroom Sprayer: Mutated zygomites are hit with the killing blow if you have fungicide spray.
- Broader Fletch: The upgrade will let players learn how to fletch broad arrows and Amethyst broad bolts.
- Malevolent Masquerade: This is perhaps the most important upgrade because it will teach you how to assemble the Slayer Helmet. Furthermore, the helm gives you bonus damage when you’re on a task.
- Ring Bling: Spending 300 reward points on this upgrade is essential. The ability will let you make a Slayer ring with level 75 Crafting.
- Seeing Red: Unlocks Red Dragons
- I Hope You Mith Me: Unlocks Mithril Dragons
- Watch The Birdie: Unlocks Aviansies
- Hot Stuff: Unlocks TzTok-Jad
- Reptile Got Ripped: Unlocks Lizardmen
- Basilocked: Unlocks Basilisks
- Like A Boss: Unlocks boss tasks that are accessible to your account
- Bigger and Badder: When training Slayer monsters will have a chance to spawn a superior version.
- Extending Tasks: To Increase the kill count for assignments, it will cost 100 reward points. This upgrade is great for favorable tasks since it will extend the number of creatures you will need to slay.
- Skip Task: Spending 30 points to skip a task can be crucial to get the best XP rates. Some tasks are very tedious and are better to skip than waste time doing them.
- Block Task: Unlocking this perk will skip the assignment without penalties and permanently remove being given in the future. Each block costs 100 points. However, only 6 tasks can be blocked because each creature requires 50 quest points.
- Favored Task: This is a brilliant perk and will make Slayer more fun to train. This is because when you put creatures on the favored list, the Slayer master will assign the task more often. Using it on money-making or high XP rate creatures will improve your time playing OSRS.
How To Do Elite Kourend And Kebos Diary
Players must complete the Elite Kourend and Kebos diary to achieve the most reward points. This will require having high levels of a lot of skills. However, completing the diary is definitely worth it for all the other rewards you’ll achieve as well.
- Dark Totem
- Dense Essence Block
- 2 Fire Runes
- 2 Law Runes
- 2 Soul Runes
- Fishing Rod
- Combat Gear
- Celastrus Sapling
- Level 84 Cooking
- Level 38 Crafting
- Level 85 Farming
- Level 82 Fishing
- Level 40 Fletching
- Level 90 Magic
- Level 38 Mining
- Level 77 Runecrafting
- Level 95 Slayer
- Level 90 Woodcutting
- High Combat Stats
- 75% Hosidius Favour
- 100% Arceuus Favour
- 100% Port Piscarilius Favour
- Craft 1 ir more blood runes from the essence
- Chop Some Redwood trees and obtain the logs
- Defeat Skotizo inside the Catacombs of Kourend
- Fish an anglerfish and cook it within the area
- Kill a hydra inside the Karuulm Slayer Dungeon
- Craft an Ape Atoll teleport tablet
- Finish a raid from start to finish in the Chambers of Xeric
- Create a battlestaff in the Farming Guild
- 10% more Slayer points from Konar quo Maten
- Rada’s Blessing 4
- 1 Antique Lamp
- 10% reduced burn chance at the city kitchens
- 80 free dynamite every day from Thirus
- Protection from burn effects within the Karuulm Slayer Dungeon
- 10% more blood runes from Runecrafting
- Reduced tanning prices at Eodan
Must-Do Quests For Konar
Questing plays a huge role in OSRS because it unlocks new locations and creatures. They are essential to complete for progressing your character. These are the quests you must finish to unlock all monsters from Konar.
- Adamant Dragons – Dragon Slayer II
- Black Dragons – Dragon Slayer I
- Blue Dragons – Dragon Slayer I
- Bronze Dragons – Dragon Slayer I
- Iron Dragons – Dragon Slayer I
- Red Dragons – Dragon Slayer I
- Rune Dragons – Dragon Slayer II
- Steel Dragons – Dragon Slayer I
- Brine Rates – Olaf’s Quest
- Dagannoth – Horror From The Deep
- Dark Beasts – Mourning’s End Part II
- Dust Devils – Desert Treasure
- Fossil Island Wyverns – Bone Voyage and Elemental Workshop I
- Gargoyles – Priest In Peril
- Kurasks – Song of the Elves
- Mithril Dragons – Barbarian training
- Mutated Zygomites – Lost City
- Skeletal Wyverns – Elemental Workshop I
- Waterfiends – Barbarian Training
Best Gear To Wear
Konar will assign some tough creatures to kill. Therefore, your gear should be high-tier to get the best XP per hour. This will require having at least 75 Attacks, Magic, Ranged and Defense to use the best weaponry with armor. Also, it’s ideal to have gear in all the combat styles because the creatures have specific weaknesses.
- Head – Armadyl Helmet
- Chest – Armadyl Chestplate
- Legs – Armadyl Chainskirt
- Ring – Archers Ring (i)
- Cape – Ava’s Assembler
- Neck – Necklace of Anguish
- Boots – Pegasian Boots
- Gloves – Barrows Gloves
- Shield – Twisted Buckler
- Weapon – Toxic Blowpipe, Armadyl Crossbow, Dragon Hunter Crossbow, Or Twisted Bow.
- Head – Ancestral Hat
- Chest – Ancestral Robe Top
- Legs – Ancestral Robe Bottom
- Ring – Seers Ring (i)
- Cape – Imbued Saradomin Cape
- Neck – Occult Necklace
- Boots – Eternal Boots
- Gloves – Tormented Bracelet
- Shield – Arcane Spirit Shield
- Weapon – Kodai Wand, Trident of the Swamp, Staff of the Dead, or Sanguinesti Staff.
- Head – Serpentine Helm
- Chest – Bandos Chestplate
- Legs – Bandos Tasses
- Ring – Berserker Ring (i)
- Cape – Infernal Cape
- Neck – Amulet of Torture
- Boots – Primordial Boots
- Gloves – Ferocious Gloves
- Shield – Avernic or Dragon Defender
- Weapon – Abyssal Dagger, Abyssal Tentacle, Ghrazi Rapier, Dragon Hunter Lance, or Scythe of Vitur.
The inventory setup will vary slightly depending on the creature and combat style. For most monsters, you can use these items as a rule of thumb:
- Prayer Potions
- Combat Potions
- Saradomin Brews
- Restore Potions
- High-Tier Food
Best Konar Tasks
Aberrant Spectres require level 60 Slayer to kill. They will drain your combat stats, which means you must equip a Slayer Helm or a nose peg. They frequently drop grimy herbs and herb seeds. Making them brilliant monsters to slay for iron man accounts. Also, it helps to bring a herb sack and seedbox for fewer banking trips.
Aberrant Spectres are found in the Catacombs of Kourend and the Slayer Tower. They are highly aggressive. Therefore, you can AFK this creature with high combat stats.
- Level 60 Slayer
- Level 65 Combat
Abyssal Demons are one of the most powerful demons in OSRS. They require level 85 Slayer and can drop Abyssal Whips and Abyssal Daggers. During combat, they will teleport themselves or players around, which means safe spotting is impossible. Once teleported, you will not attack the demon automatically, so having auto retaliate on can help tremendously.
- Level 85 Slayer
- Level 85 Combat
Adamant Dragons are the first metal dragons encountered during the Dragon Slayer II quest. After completing the quest, the dragons can be found in the western Lithkren Vault. They have a combat level of 338 and can max hit 29 or 50 with dragon fire. Make sure to bring anti-fire potions to prevent hard-hitting attacks.
- Dragon Slayer II
Ankou’s are ghostly skeletal monsters found in the 4th level of the Stronghold of Security. They can drop a left skull half, which is part of making the skull sceptre. They are great to slay for iron man accounts because they commonly drop death and blood runes.
- Level 40 Combat
Aviansies are flying creatures found in the Southern section of the God Wars Dungeon. They can be seen fighting with followers of Zamorak. Therefore, players can quickly attack them to get the finishing blow, which will count towards the Slayer task. They are weaker to Ranged attacks and always drop feathers.
- Unlocked “Watch the Birdy” ability
- Access to the God Wars Dungeon
Basilisks require level 40 Slayer to kill and can be found in the Fremennik Slayer Cave. Players must equip a mirror shield or V’s shield when fighting the monsters, otherwise, they cannot be killed. They can be safely spotted by the Southern entrance of the dungeon so bringing food isn’t a requirement.
- Level 40 Slayer
- Mirror Shield or V’s Shield
Dagannoths are sea creatures that live in the Lighthouse basement. They are one of the best Slayer tasks because the bosses can drop expensive combat rings. There are 3 variants of the bosses that drop unique loot and can only be accessed by completing Horror from the Deep. Make sure to use protection prayers to limit the damage taken from the Dagannoths.
- Level 75 Combat
- Completing Horror from the Deep
Dark Beasts require level 90 Slayer to kill and are found in the Mourner Tunnels. They are the only creatures to drop Dark Bows and the death talisman. The Dark Bow has one of the best Ranged special attacks, which is brilliant for PVP combat. They have a combat level of 182 and can max hit 17 HP. Therefore, only accept this task if you have the stats and gear to kill them.
- Level 90 Slayer
- Level 90 Combat
- Completing Mourning’s End Part II
Gargoyles are found on the top floor and basement of the Slayer Tower. They are one of the best Slayer creatures to kill for money-making because Gargoyles drop various Runite items. Due to the amount of rune drops it’s recommended to bring high-level alchemy runes to reduce the number of bank runs needed.
- Level 75 Slayer
- Level 80 Combat
- Completing Priest in Peril
Waterfiends are located in the Ancient Cavern underneath the Baxtorian Falls. They are a rare assignment for Konar but are excellent for great combat XP rates. The best attack style against them is Ranged.
- Level 75 Combat
- Completing Barbarian Training
Smoke Devils are mutated versions of Dusk Devils. They require a minimum of level 93 Slayer to kill, and they can only be harmed on an active assignment. Smoke Devils are in a multi-combat area, which means barrage spells or chinchompas can kill multiple of them. Also, players can use a cannon to receive the most kills per hour.
- Level 93 Slayer
- Level 85 Combat
Cave Krakens are found in the Kraken Cove. They can only be harmed during a Slayer Task. Along with the boss variant, these monsters are the only ones to drop Kraken tentacle and Trident of the Seas. To attack them, players will need to disturb a whirlpool. Then the Kraken will surface and can be attacked.
- Level 87 Slayer
- Level 80 Combat
- Level 50 magic
Fossil Island Wyverns
Fossil Island contains multiple types of Wyverns inside the Wyvern Cave. They are the strongest species of Wyvern throughout Gielinor. In total, you can find 4 different Wyverns that vary in level: Spitting, Taloned, Long-Tailed, and Ancient. Like other variants, you will need to bring protection against dragon breath attacks.
- Level 66 Slayer
- Level 60 Combat
- Completion of Bone Voyage
- Completion of Elemental Workshop I
Hydras are creatures found in the bottom level of the Karrulm Slayer Dungeon. They are a high-tier creature that requires level 95 Slayer. The Hydras can drop Hydra’s Eye, Hydra’s Heart, Hydra’s Fang, Hydra’s Tail. These rare drops can be turned into useful items that can be sold for huge profits.
- Level 95 Slayer
Various Kalphites can be found inside the queen’s lair. The entrance is located in the Kharidian Desert, Southwestern of Shantay Pass. Players who have a Kalphite assignment can slay the workers, soldiers, guardians, or the queen. They are brilliant money-makers, so players should not skip this task.
- Level 15 Combat
Kurasks are high-tier Slayer creatures that drop various seeds and herbs. They require level 70 Slayer and broad ammunition or a leaf-bladed weapon to inflict damage. Their attacks are very inaccurate due to the low Attack level, which makes the creatures accessible to players with below-average gear.
- Level 70 Slayer
- Level 65 Combat
- Completing Song of the Elves
Nechryaels are demonic creatures that can be found in the Slayer Tower. Their stronger variant, the Greater Nechryael, resides in the Catacombs of Kourend. They are brilliant for making money as Nechryaels frequently drop various rune items.
- Level 80 Slayer
- Level 85 Combat
Question: What Creatures Should I Put On My Block List?
Answer: Slayer is one of the slowest skills to train in OSRS. Therefore, you should only take tasks that provide either good XP rates or high GP per hour. Slayer points are gathered by completing tasks consecutively. They can be spent on various rewards that will help during the Slayer grind.
The best unlock in Slayer is blocking tasks. This means the Slayer master will never assign that specific task again. This is brilliant for avoiding annoying, grindy, or difficult assignments. These are the creatures you’ll want to block since they have little benefits when killing them. They are neither good XP nor high-money makers.
* Fire Giants
* Rune Dragons
* Mutated Zygomites
Question: What Are Boss Tasks?
Answer: OSRS features an abundance of bosses that vary in requirements and skill cap. Adventurers can purchase the “Like a Boss” ability for 200 reward points to receive boss tasks from Slayer masters. After every complete task, players will earn 5k Slayer experience and the XP given per kill.
However, adventurers will need to unlock the bosses before they can be assigned. For example, to unlock Vorkath, players will need to complete Dragon Slayer II. These are the bosses that can be assigned:
* Abyssal Sire
* Alchemical Hydra
* Chaos Elemental
* Chaos Fanatic
* Commander Zilyana
* Crazy archaeologist
* Dagannoth Kings
* General Graardor
* Giant Mole
* Grotesque Guardians
* K’ril Tsutsaroth
* Kalphite Queen
* King Black Dragon
* Thermonuclear smoke devil
Question: What Are The Best Money-Making Creatures In Slayer?
Answer: Slayer is perhaps the most profitable skill in OSRS because of the various drops gathered from creatures. The loot is different for all creatures, and the GP per hour can rely heavily on RNG. These monsters are the best for consistent gold hourly.
* Blue Dragons – 200-500k GP Per Hour
* Kurasks – 400-500k GP Per Hour
* Skeletal Wyverns – 400-700k GP Per Hour
* Gargoyles – 600-1,000k GP Per Hour
* Brutal Black Dragons – 400-600k GP Per Hour
* Greater Nechryael – 700-800k GP Per Hour
* Abyssal Sire – +800k GP Per Hour
* Kraken – +600k GP Per Hour
* Thermonuclear Smoke Devil – 1,000-1,500k GP Per Hour
To summarize, we’ve covered everything you need to know about Konar the Slayer master. She requires a combat level of at least level 75 and will assign a variety of tasks. Make sure to complete the Elite Kourend and Kebos diaries to obtain the most Slayer points. So what did you think of our Konar guide? If there’s anything else you’d like to know, write it in the comments below!
Looking for more interesting readings? Check out: