- Dragon Slayer 2 OSRS Guide: Uncovering the secrets of Crandor - July 5, 2021
- OSRS Herblore Training Guide: Best Methods - June 25, 2021
- OSRS Cooking Training Guide : All You Need To Know - June 25, 2021
Quests are a critical component to Runescape 3s success. The questing system in Runescape is the most unique of any MMO and separates it from the pack. A quest is a story-based activity that usually involves talking to several NPCs and solving puzzles or fighting monsters. Most quests are separated into the 5th Age, the 6th Age, or are ambiguous.
What are the Ages?
Ages are how Runescape defines different time periods. Unlike centuries or millennia in our world, the ages in Gielinor are not based on a set number of years. Instead, each Age begins and ends when a significant sign of change occurs in the world. For example, the 2nd Age ended when Zaros was perceived to be murdered and Zamorak was banished from Gielinor. During the game, the player is active in the 5th and 6th Ages.
5th Age Quest Series
The 5th Age is the period that occurred for most of Runescape’s history. It is a world without the gods roaming Gielinor and humans have become the dominant race in the world. All quests released prior to March 4th, 2013, belong to this category.
Camelot is the castle directly east of Seers’ Village. It is where King Arthur and his knights have established themselves in Gielinor after leaving Britain. King Arthur and Merlin appear in each quest, with different knights making inconsistent appearances in the series.
- Merlin’s Crystal
- The first quest in the Camelot Series revolves around Merlin getting himself trapped inside a crystal. In exchange for helping King Arthur free Merlin, players will receive Excalibur and become a Knight of the Round Table.
- Holy Grail
- As a Knight of the Round Table, you are obligated to listen when King Arthur calls. This time, the player is called on to find the Holy Grail of legend. Participating in this quest will take you to lands none have previously been and explains the mystery of the mysterious statue faces.
- King’s Ransom
- The Sinclair family near Camelot have gone missing, and so has King Arthur. Travel to the Sinclair Mansion and talk to the gossip to begin this intrigue-filled quest. You’ll have to work with Arthur’s knights and Merlin if you hope to locate the Sinclairs and save King Arthur.
The expansive Kharidian Desert is home to the lengthy Desert quest series. Throughout these quests, you interact with a new pantheon of gods, including Scabaras and Icthlarin.
- Stolen Hearts
- After finding Ozan in Draynor Village, he requests the player’s help with finding an old friend. Despite the initial innocent beginning, it quickly becomes apparent that not all is how it appears.
- Diamond in the Rough
- Directly following the events of Stolen Hearts, Prince Ali has been kidnapped. Utilizing a mystical diamond and sundials, Ozan and the player will travel across the desert looking for him.
- Icthlarin’s Little Helper
- Menaphos has blocked off all outside contact, but one wanderer tells the player of a secret entrance into the neighboring city, Sophanem. Enter the city of the dead and continue the battle against Amascut.
- Spirits of the Elid
- A brief intermission from the Menaphos quests finds the player helping the people of Nardah. Nardah has run out of water, and the citizens suspect a curse has befallen them.
- Despite the plague ended, the citizens of Sophanem remain trapped in Menaphos. The High Priest has run out of options, and calls upon the adventurer to get his people home.
- Dealing with Scabaras
- The god Scabaras is making a play for power, and once again Sophanem needs an adventurer’s help. Begin this direct sequel from Contact! by talking to the High Priest.
- Smoking Kills
- Commonly done for its reward of increased slayer points, Smoking Kills has the player travel to Pollnivneach to investigate a stranger in town. Amid the smoke and screaming, the player will have to succeed where none have.
- Missing my Mummy
- A pyramid being unearthed in the Kharidian Desert is rare, and it calls for an investigation. Talk to Leela in Draynor Village to begin this quest, and unearth the mysteries of the ancient desert.
- The Jack of Spades
- After years of hostility between the two cities, negotiations for trade have finally begun between Al Kharid and Menaphos. Travel with the Al Kharid delegation to learn about the formidable city and ultimately gain access to it.
- Crocodile Tears
- Interact with the formidable Menaphite goddess Crondis in this quest exploring the nature of renewed crocodile hostility.
- Do No Evil
- Once upon a time, monkeys roamed the entire Kharidian Desert. With the player’s help, a colony could once again live in the desert.
- Our Man in the North
- A simple mission to acquire some books from Menaphos quickly reveals extensive corruption and a power struggle within Menaphos.
- ‘Phite Club
- Confront the pharaoh and restore the social order of the past in this thrilling fight against tyranny. To begin, talk to Hassan in the merchant district.
For years, the cave goblins have lived in hiding underneath the Lumbridge Swamp, avoiding contact with the outside world. That is, until one goblin accidentally breaks into the Lumbridge Castle cellar and brings the region to the brink of war.
- Goblin Diplomacy
- A beginner-level quest has the player negotiate between the two goblin leaders over uniform colors. The quest will go much faster if the player acquires blue, red, and yellow dye before beginning the quest.
- The Lost Tribe
- The first quest involving the Dorgeshuun tribe consists of solving the mystery around a hole in the castle cellar. Learn about hidden loyalties and goblin history at the beginning of the Dorgeshuun series.
- Death to the Dorgeshuun
- Investigate the Humans Against Monsters organization with the cave goblin Zanik. After defeating Sigmund in battle, the player is rewarded with the ability to enter Dorgesh-Kaan.
- Another Slice of H.A.M
- After the goblins discover ancient artifacts while constructing a railway, they call upon the player to investigate. Delve deeper into goblin history and engage in Sigmund once again, this time with a new weapon on your side.
- Land of the Goblins
- At the climax of the series, the adventurer travels to the ancient homeland of the goblins and learns about an organized goblin society. Without H.A.M interfering in the adventurer’s actions, a new enemy arises.
- The Chosen Commander
- With all of the children sick, the Dorgeshuun needs an experienced adventurer to investigate. While battling the person responsible, Zanik appears in a portal and leads the player on an adventure, climaxing with a battle against Bandos.
- The Mighty Fall
- Following the events of The Chosen Commander, Bandos’s followers have been outraged and march on the cave goblins city. In order to save the life of Zanik, the player convinces both sides to have a tournament to determine the victor instead of open combat.
The once-forgotten city of Zanaris is undergoing a power struggle. Only with the player’s assistance will the Fairy Queen be able to reclaim control of Gielinor’s only moon.
- Lost City
- Travel to Lumbridge Swamp and talk to the adventurers surrounding a fire to see what they are doing. The player discovers the leprechaun nearby, who tells them of Zanaris.
- Fairy Tale 1 – Growing Pains
- Due to crop failure occurring throughout Gielinor, somebody has to investigate and find a cure. Finding a cure is no simple task and involves fighting an ancient enemy of the fairies in Zanaris.
- Fairy Tale 2 – Cure a Queen
- Directly after Fairy Tale 1, the player finds out that crops still are not growing and intends to find out why. The investigation that occurs will discover a conspiracy to conquer an entire moon.
- Fairy Tale 3 – Battle at Ork’s Rift
- The climax of the Fairy Tale quest series involves the queen’s battle to reclaim Zanaris. After slaying several Ork generals and the Fairy Godfather, crops around Gielinor are finally saved.
Due to the troll invasion, worshipers of Guthix have determined that they bring imbalance and seek to strengthen their defenses. Help the druids create concoctions to defend Taverley and Burthorpe.
- Druidic Ritual
- In the iconic quest that unlocks Herblore, assist the druids in the creation of a powerful potion.
- Eadgar’s Ruse
- Once the adventurer has some more experience, the druids once again will require assistance. This time you leave the safety of Taverley and instead traverse to the troll stronghold.
Once among the mightiest races of Gielinor, the Gnomes find themselves under constant attack from several sources. They are now isolated into two fortified positions, and only with the help of the player will they be able to survive.
The Gnomes quest series can effectively be divided into two separate series, one following Glough and the other being based around Glouphrie. Tree Gnome Village is not a part of either series although it is a requirement for both of the series.
- Tree Gnome Village
- The bloody war between the Gnomes and the Khazards has been devastating for the Gnomes. At one point, they lost one of their critical orbs of protection, making the village vulnerable. Only with the help of an adventurer will they be able to defend their homes.
- The Grand Tree
- The Grand Tree is the largest Gnome settlement, mainly within the massive tree. Recently its health has waned, and the Gnomes want to find out why.
- Monkey Madness
- Immediately after the events of The Grand Tree, the king sent some of his royal guards to Karamja to destroy the Gnome fleet. It has been some time without hearing from them, so he calls upon you to help. Finishing the quest will lead to the player being able to equip the dragon scimitar.
- The Eyes of Glouphrie
- The second series within the Gnome quest series starts with the Eyes of Glouphrie. During this quest, you learn that not all is as it seems in the Grand Tree and uncover an ancient enemy of the Gnomes.
- The Path of Glouphrie
- During a visit to the Tree Gnome Village, you identify the same threat that existed at the Grand Tree that has infiltrated the village. Unfortunately, King Bolren does not believe you so you will have to find a way to convince him.
- The Prisoner of Glouphrie
- Continue your investigation into Glouphrie and Arposandra in the third quest in the series. Learn of new devices and new paths as you continue to unravel the mystery.
The Rise of Lucien
The dangerous Mahjarrat known as Lucien seeks to follow in Zamorak’s footsteps and raise himself to godhood using the Staff of Armadyl. This storyline is also an essential part of the overarching Mahjarrat quest series.
- Temple of Ikov
- Lucien’s first play for power involves the Staff of Armadyl, currently residing in the Temple of Ikov. At the end of the quest, the player will have to side with either Armadyl or Lucien.
- While Guthix Sleeps
- One of the most significant quests in Runescape’s history, While Guthix Sleeps is the first grandmaster quest. Lucien’s power has become a concern for several organizations around Gielinor. The last thing they need to stop Lucien is you.
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Ritual of Mahjarrat is a significant quest in the Mahjarrat quest series due to it being a sequel to four different quests. It is also the finale of three quest series: the Rise of Lucien, Mysteries of the Mahjarrat, and the Arrav series.
Despite initial appearances, not all of Morytania is an evil place. The Myreque is a group of freedom fighters seeking to overthrow the evil vampire lord Drakan.
- Priest in Peril
- The first quest to involve the region of Morytania is Priest in Peril. After talking to King Roald, the player is sent to Paterdomus to investigate strange occurrences.
- Nature Spirit
- The priest that called upon you in Priest in Peril needs your help once again. Drezel sends you to assist a druid deep in the Mort Myre swamp.
- In Search of the Myreque
- After meeting a stranger in Canifis you have been tasked with finding the Myreque resistance group. The stranger will want you to supply some weapons to them, but all is not as it appears in Morytania.
- In Aid of the Myreque
- With the Myreque’s base exposed in the last quest, they now need a new location. Help them relocate closer to the vampire oppressors of Morytania.
- The Darkness of Hallowvale
- The fighting has heated up around Morytania and the Myreque need you to travel to Meiyerditch to meet some new allies.
- Legacy of Seergaze
- The key to victory against the Vyrewatch lies in a secret weapon that deals increased damage to all vampires. Only by crafting it will the Myreque be able to push back against their oppressors.
- The Branches of Darkmeyer
- An attack on Burgh de Rott seems inevitable and the Myreque are desperate. Meet with an unlikely ally to discover the source of more powerful anti-vampire weapons.
- The Lord of Vampyrium
- The best way to defeat the Vyrewatch lies in defeating its leader. It includes a battle against Lord Drakan himself as an assassination attempt unfolds.
- River of Blood
- In the finale of the Myreque questline, the vampires have figured out how to cross in Misthalin. Without the assistance of the player, Misthalin is doomed to fall.
Return of Zaros
Otherwise known as the Nameless One, Zaros is the god Zamorak banished during his rise to godhood. This series mainly occurs in the 5th Age, but it ends in the 6th Age.
- The Dig Site
- Players are called upon to assist the Varrock Museum at the dig site. During the quest players will uncover proof of a long-forgotten ancient civilization.
- Desert Treasure
- Upon hearing of an archaeologist with clues to an immense treasure hidden in the desert, the player heads south to meet Asgarnia Smith. Embark on this adventure at your own risk as you uncover a mystery that has stayed hidden for hundreds of years.
- Devious Minds
- Throughout this quest, you create a special weapon for a monk to continue his use in the forces of evil. After creating the weapon for him you are then sent to bring a special orb to Entrana, where a special surprise plays out.
- The Temple at Senntisten
- Azzanadra requires your help to rebuild the temple you discovered in The Dig Site quest. During this quest you will slay the Barrows Brothers, travel to the deepest parts of the Wilderness, and uncover a lost god.
- The World Wakes
- The final quest in the 5th Age, The World Wakes sets the tone for the story in the 6th Age. Though it has no official requirements, it is best to complete most of the 5th Age quests.
- The fate of the Gods
- With the rest of the gods returning the Gielinor, one would expect that Zaros would have made his return. However, he is not and Azzanadra needs your assistance investigating.
A nice reprieve from the Mahjarrat seeking the conquer everything, the Sea Slug quest series follows the sea slugs ambition to dominate the world. The slugs are led by Mother Mallum, who can take over people’s minds and make them her servants.
- Sea Slug
- Fishermen at the fishing platform have stopped coming home, and the villagers of Witchaven are concerned. Head to the platform and investigate what has happened.
- The Slug Menace
- A series of strange occurrences have occurred in Witchaven. Important members of the community are acting bizarre and sea slugs seem to be the cause. Sir Tiffy sends the player to investigate before the sea slugs can become a more significant threat.
- Kennith’s Concerns
- Sometimes a child can be the key to solving a crisis. The child Kennith has sighted the locals headed into the caverns below the village and suspects that they are under the control of slugs.
- Salt in the Wound
- In the finale for the sea slug series, players will finally battle with Mother Mallum, queen of the sea slugs.
Without the Void Knights, pests would run amok on Gielinor causing chaos. As servants loyal to Guthix, the Void Knights play a crucial role in maintaining balance on Gielinor, but sometimes they need help.
- Quiet Before the Storm
- Following a void pest breaking through the knights’ defenses and escaping, they call upon the adventurer for assistance. The situation quickly gets out of hand and rumors of betrayal are afoot.
- A Void Dance
- Directly after the previous quest, the search for the pest that escaped continues. A new enemy emerges in the case that may be the one to blame.
- The Void Stares Back
- At the end of the Void Knight trilogy, the threat of an invasion by the pests looms large for the knights. All questions are answers in this quest as the player battles the black knights once again.
The Dragonkin are intelligent creatures who resemble dragons. They are immensely powerful, easily capable of challenging several gods at a time. During the 4th Age Robert, the Strong ended the Dragonkin’s reign of terror by pushing them back to the Dragonkin Castle.
- A Tail of Two Cats
- A black cat that goes by Bob has gone missing, report to Unferth in Burthorpe to assist in the search.
- One of a Kind
- The draconic professor Mr. Mordaut is researching dragon riders so he can help the dragon species. Help him search for Hannibus and discover other secrets of the Dragonkin.
- Hero’s Welcome
- When a legendary Fremennik hero is being hunted, you know something is amiss in the world. The hero V has announced his return to Rellekka and the people are preparing for it.
- Curse of the Black Stone
- What is the reason behind the fierce monsters and bosses in the Elite Dungeons? Is somebody or something causing these events? Find out the answers to these questions and more by completing the Curse of the Black Stone.
6th Age Quest Series
The 6th Age begins with the World Wakes quest following the death of Guthix. With Guthix dead, the gods return to Gielinor and resume their plotting against each other. Usually, the 6th Age quest series are intertwined and impact each other significantly.
Sliske is a mighty Mahjarrat who is historically loyal to Zaros, even serving as his praefectus praetorio. The quest series follows Sliske’s plots as he seeks to maneuver himself into a position of a higher power.
- Missing, Presumed Death
- As the introduction to the lore of the 6th Age, this quest is critical before doing anything else in this Age.
- Dishonor Among Thieves
- Zamorak, in a rare time of humility, has come seeking your help. He is seeking to assemble a team to steal the Stone of Jas, and you will be the leader of it.
- Nomad’s Elegy
- Nomad has returned, intending to steal every soul in Gielinor. The only way to stop him is to team up with some unlikely allies.
- Kindred Spirits
- Dark events are becoming more and more common in Gielinor, and the player intends to get to the bottom of it. Team up with Linza and head to the Barrows Brothers to find these answers and more.
- Children of Mah
- With the Mahjarrat slowly dying out, there is no way they will go away peacefully. This quest takes place across multiple worlds, reveals a defining moment in Gielinor’s history, and leads to the reintroduction of Zamorak and Zaros.
- Sliske’s Endgame
- The most powerful beings in all of Gielinor have come together at Sliske’s request. His plan is finally coming to an end, and a massive battle is looming.
Rewards from Quest Points
Quest points serve several functions, including giving the player unique rewards and unlocking higher-tier quests. Achieving the maximum quest point number will reward the player with the quest point cape.
May’s Quest Caravan is the source of many beneficial rewards. Players can allocate quest points into three different reward tracks while also receiving special rewards from her every 50 quest points. Examples of special rewards include magical dice and unique pets.
Question: What are the benefits of the Quest Point Cape in RS3?
Answer: In Runescape 3 the Quest Point Cape offers some pretty minuscule benefits. While it has the same combat stats at the other capes of accomplishment, its individual perk adds 30 seconds to the player’s Tears of Guthix time. Although it is certainly useful, it is definitely inferior to some other capes.
Question: How do I get the Master Quest Cape?
Answer: The Master Quest Cape is the upgrade version of the Quest Point Cape. In addition to completing all quests, the player must also complete every mini-quest and find most lore-related books.
Question: What are the best quest rewards in Runescape 3?
Answer: While everybody will have their own opinions for what the “best” rewards are, the only objective way to determine this is through experience awards. As of 6/21/2021, the quest Sliske’s Endgame offers the most experience, with a total of 1.25 million experiences gained following the quest.
Without quests Runescape would not be the popular MMO it is today. The quests bring life to the expansive world and crafts a unique experience for the player. Achievements associated with quests also offer some of the most prestigious awards in the game, such as the Master Quest Cape and the city of Prifddinas. If you are ever looking for something to do in-game, just do some quests!