Slayer is a member’s skill that will take you around Gielinor to slay various creatures. It’s the most fun skill for PVM players because you’ll explore locations you otherwise wouldn’t. Slayer is easy to train and provides many benefits that will let your character progress. This guide will go over all the details you need to know about training the skill efficiently.
Why Train Slayer?
A huge benefit of Slayer is that you’ll be training your combat stats simultaneously. Once you achieve a high Slayer level, your character will learn to kill unique creatures, such as Dust Devils and Abyss Demons . The high-tier monsters drop expensive loot, which makes Slayer one of the best money-making methods. On your journey to level 99 Slayer, you’ll make a minimum of 100 million GP.
How To Train Slayer
Training Slayer is simple once you master the mechanics. To earn experience, you’ll need to get a Slayer Task . These are assigned from Slayer masters, which are located all around Gielinor. Most often, they will require you to have a certain combat and Slayer level. There are a total of 10 masters, and only two Slayer masters have no requirements to get started.
No combat level required. Turael is the lowest level Slayer master, and he resides in Burthorpe Games Room . The best method to get to him is using a necklace and running games East to his house.
This Slayer master will assign low-level creatures such as cows, crawling hands, and goblins. In addition, Turael can change your current slayer task from another master to a less difficult one.
No combat level required. However, you’ll need to complete the A Porcine of Interest quest, which is designed to introduce players to the skill. She is the daughter of Turael and will assign the same level quests. Spria is located in Draynor Village below the most Northen building.
No combat level required. Krystilia is a Slayer master found Northeast of the bank in the Edgeville jail. She will only assign tasks that are located within the Wilderness. Before you accept the task, Krystilia will warn you that she will assign the creature regardless of your combat level. Therefore, it’s not recommended to take tasks from her at low levels. Krystilia gives out the most reward points per tasks. Also, players can speak to Krystilia to change their spawn point to Edgeville after a one-time fee of 5 million GP.
Level 20 combat required. Mazchna is located Northeast of Canifis , which means you’ll need to complete Priest in Peril to gain access to the area. This Slayer master is known to give tasks close to his area.
Level 40 combat required. Vannaka is a highly accomplished gladiator who you’ll first meet on Tutorial Island . He self-claims to be the best swordsman alive, which is backed up by his 146 combat level. It is located in the Edgevill Dungeon and will give mid-tier tasks.
Level 70 combat required. Chaeldar is the 4 th most advanced Slayer master in OSRS. She can be found in the throne room of Zanaris, which is directly East of the Lumbridge Swamp. The best method to reach her quickly is with the Fairy Ring System. Therefore, you’ll need to complete Lost City to unlock this area.
Konar qu the Maten
Level 75 combat required. Konar is one of the best Slayer masters in OSRS because she assigns high-level creatures. The quickest way to reach her is with the Rada’s blessing, which would take you to the top of Mount Karuulm. However, if you haven’t completed the Kourend and Kebos Diary, you can easily reach her by heading North of the Farming Guild.
Level 85 combat required. Nieve is the 2 nd highest Slayer master behind Duradel. She will assign high-level creatures, which means you’ll need decent gear and stats. Nieve can be found in the Tree Gnome Stronghold next to the Slayer cave.
Level 85 combat required. Steve is an aspiring Slayer master and is cousins with Nieve. He can be found in the upper level of the Skeletal Wyvern area in the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon. If players try to attack the creatures, Steve will stop them if they don’t have an active task.
Level 100 combat required. Duradel is the best Slayer master in the game because he assigns the highest XP rate monsters. He is located in Shilo Village, which means you’ll need to complete the Shilo Village quest to gain access to the area. You’ll find him by climbing the ladder inside the fishing shop. After you’ve achieved level 99 Slayer, Duradel will sell you a skillcape for 99,000 GP.
Based on your combat and Slayer level, you can go to these Slayer masters to receive a task. They will assign you to kill a certain number of creatures. Once you have killed the last creature, you’ll see a pop-up in the chatbox that says you have completed the task and the reward points you have earned.
Rinse and repeat this process until level 99 Slayer. Also, make sure to always go to the best Slayer master available because they will assign you the best XP creatures.
What Are Slayer Points?
Slayer points are rewarded to players once they have completed 5 tasks in a row. Afterward, you’ll gain Slayer points consistently. Players can use the reward points to purchase various useful items from Slayer masters. However, the number of points you receive is based on:
- The Slayer master who assigned the task. The higher-level masters will provide more reward points after each task.
- Your Slayer task streak. You’ll receive more reward points if you complete tasks consecutively from a single Slayer master.
Each Slayer master gives out a different base amount of reward points. As you progress to higher-tier masters, you’ll earn a lot more base Slayer points.
- Turael: 0 Points
- Spria: 0 Points
- Krystilia: 25 Points
- Mazchna: 2 Points
- Vannaka: 4 Points
- Chaeldar: 10 Points
- Konar quo Maten: 18 Points
- Nieve: 12 Points
- Steve: 12 Points
- Duradel: 15 Points
The multiplier will apply once you gain a Slayer task streak.
- 10 th Task: 5x Points
- 50 th Task: 15x Points
- 100 th Task: 25x Points
- 250 th Task: 35x Points
- 1000 th Task: 50x Points
Slayer Point Rewards
The points you gather from completing Slayer tasks can be used to purchase various rewards. There are 5 categories that the rewards fall into:
- Task Extensions: Using reward points to extend preferred Slayer tasks can improve hourly XP rates. Also, it’s great to use on creatures that drop expensive loot, such as Demonic Gorillas , Steel Dragons , and Abyssal Demons .
- Item unlocks: The best type of reward, other than banning or favoring tasks, is purchasing unlockable items. They can be pieces of armor like the Slayer Helmet . Alternatively, the unlocks can be rings and recipes to create items such as Broad arrows.
- Task Unlocks: This type of reward allows Slayer masters to offer tasks that they normally couldn’t assign. Also, you can choose a preferred task and spend points to make it favored. This will make the Slayer master assign this task more often. On the other hand, you can select frustrating or time-consuming tasks and place them on the ban list.
- Task management: This reward lets you skip past unwanted Slayer tasks with no penalty.
- Buying items: Slayer masters can sell you various useful items that will help you kill enemies. For example, they can sell you a facemask to access the Smoke Dungeon to kill Dust Devils .
When training Slayer, your first priority should be unlocking the Slayer Helmet because of its multiple benefits. The helm is created with:
- Black Mask: Provides a 16.67% boost to melee damage and accuracy versus creatures on a Slayer task.
- Earmuffs: A must-use item against banshees.
- Facemask: Lets players enter the Smoke Dungeon, which contains Dust Devils .
- Nose Peg: Blocks out the stench of Aberrant Specters .
- Spiny Helmet: Used in the Swamp Caves to protect against wall beasts.
- Enchanted Gem: Lets you track how many kills are left on a task. Also, if you’ve forgotten what to kill the Enchanted Gem will tell you.
- Reinforced Goggles: Lets players fight Sourhogs.
- 400 Slayer Points
- Level 55 Crafting
Once you achieve all the requirements and obtain the items, you can create the Slayer Helmet. It’s extremely efficient because it contains all the Slayer items that are used to kill various creatures. This way, you won’t need to hassle with remembering what to bring to each task. Also, the Slayer Helmet can be upgraded with Slayer points to provide better defensive stats.
Furthermore, after obtaining a Slayer Helmet, the next step is a Ferocious ring. It provides a 4% damage increase when fighting monsters in the Duradel’s Dungeon. Also, it gives teleports to Duradel.
What Do You Need To Train Slayer?
There are only a few required items to begin Slayer training. Firstly, you’ll need to decide what combat style you’ll be using and equip your best gear. Make sure to bring food so that you can complete the task in one go and not waste time with bank runs. Also, it’s good to take potions that will increase your offensive stats, so you can get more kills per hour.
Finally, defense potions are a must because they will increase your Defense level for a limited time. Therefore you won’t take as much damage and can train for longer.
Furthermore, there are some useful items and quests that you can complete to make the skill smoother to train.
- Fairy Ring System: The Fairy Ring System lets you teleport around the map within seconds. This makes it convenient when going to Slayer monster locations. Players will unlock the travel system once they complete Fairy Tale II.
- Lunar Magic: The Lunar Magic Spellbook has an amazing spell called NPC contact. This will let you communicate to Slayer masters wherever you are. Therefore, you can instantly get new tasks without the need to travel. The spellbook is unlocked after completing the Lunar Diplomacy quest.
- Slayer Ring: The Slayer Ring lets you teleport to various locations such as the Slayer Tower, Stronghold Slayer Cave, etc. The ring costs 75 Slayer points, or you can unlock the ability to make them yourself for 300 points.
- Karamja Gloves 3: The gloves can teleport you to Shilo Village, where Duradel is located. You’ll be going here at the later levels, so having these gloves is very beneficial. If you complete the hard Karamja diaries, you can get a 4-tier glove that can teleport you directly to the Slayer master.
- Xeric’s Talisman: This useful item can teleport you to various training locations. You’ll be using the talisman to teleport near the Catacombs of Kourend, where you’ll be spending a lot of time training Slayer.
Bossing With Slayer
Players who have unlocked “like a boss” ability by spending 200 Slayer points can receive boss tasks from Slayer masters. Also, they will only assign bosses that you can access. Here’s a list of what tasks Slayer master can give:
- Abyssal Sire
- Alchemical Hydra
- The Nightmare
- Elemental Chaos
- Verzik Vitur
- Chaos Fanatic
- Commander Zilyana
- crazy archaeologist
- Dagannoth Kings
- Corrupted Hunllef
- General Graardor
- Tz-Tok Jad
- Giant Mole
- Grotesque Guardians
- K’ril Tsutsaroth
- Kalphite Queen
- King Black Dragon
- thermonuclear smoke devil
- body beast
- great olm
Questing For Slayer Experience
Before we begin with the training guide, you should complete a few quests to receive Slayer experience. Slayer is one of the slowest skills in OSRS, just getting as much experience as you can make the process faster. These quests have no or little requirements to complete:
- Natural History Quiz – 1,000 experience
- Recipe for Disaster – 1,000 experience
- A porcine of Interest – 1,000 experience
- The General’s Shadow – 2,000 experience
- Wanted – 5,000 experience
After completing these quests, you’ll gain 10,000 Slayer XP, which will take you straight to level 27 Slayer. Therefore, you can skip the beginner Slayer masters and begin with Mazchna.
Must-do Quests For Slayer
Slayer will require you to travel all around Gielinor to kill specific monsters. Therefore, unlocking all the areas of the map is essential to get assigned unique and better monsters. There are a few quests you’ll need to complete to gain access to the best Slayer creatures.
- Horror from the Deep – Unlocks Dagonnoths
- Lunar Diplomacy – Unlocks Suqahs
- Monkey Madness II – Demonic Gorillas
- Priest in Peril – Unlocks Morytania
- Barbarian Training – Mithril Dragons and Waterfiends Unlocks
- Mourning’s End Part II – Unlocks Dark Beasts
- Desert Treasure – Unlocks Dust Devils
- Bone Voyage – Unlocks Fossil Island Wyverns
- Dragon Slayer II – Unlocks Adamant Dragons and Rune Dragons
- Death Plateau – Spiritual Creature
- Cabin Fever – Jungle Horrors
Fastest OSRS Slayer Training Guide
Technically there is no real 1-99 Slayer guide that you can follow level by level. The process of training Slayer is simple:
- Receive a task from the best Slayer Master you can access
- Equip your best gear and take food
- Complete the task and return to the Slayer master to receive a new task
- Rinse and repeat.
You’ll be doing this till level 99 Slayer. Although the process is simple, it’s one of the most fun skills to train. This is because you’ll be visiting all types of locations and killing unique monsters.
The fastest method of getting Slayer experience is with Burst tasks. You can extend these tasks with a Bracelet of Slaughter . Combine a cannon and Expeditious Bracelet to kill creatures faster and skip the slow tasks, regardless of how profitable they are.
Furthermore, Duradel gives the highest kill amount tasks in the game, which means you can train at each location longer. Therefore, getting to 100 combat and level 50 Slayer is vital to receive the best tasks and XP rates.
Profitable OSRS Slayer Training Guide
The main reason players want to train Slayer is to gain combat XP while generating profit. Getting to level 99 Slayer will take a lot longer, but you’ll be making +100 million GP.
The best Slayer Masters for money are Konar, Nieve, and Duradel since they assign high-level creatures. Make sure to complete the must-do quests we recommended so you can access all the best money-making monsters.
Slayer tasks from Konar have a chance to drop Brimstone Keys, which can open the chest near him. The rewards vary and can easily be over 500k GP.
Furthermore, prioritize boss tasks because they have a chance to drop extremely rare loot that can easily be over +100 million GP. Also, you should prioritize these tasks and put them on your favored list:
- blue dragons
- Skeletal Wyverns
- Abyssal Sire
- Thermonuclear Smoke Devil
- Brutal Black Dragons
- Greater Nechryael
Question: What Are The Best Slayer Monsters To Kill For Profit?
Answer: There are plenty of creatures Within RuneScape que amazing loot drop. The high-tier monsters will require +level 80 combat stats and good gear to kill. The best creatures to slay while on a Slayer task are:
Brutal Black Dragon
Question: What Is The Best Combat Style For Slayer?
Answer: The best combat style depends on your preferences. Unless you’re doing bossing, the combat style you choose doesn’t matter as much. So have fun with Slayer and pick the style you enjoy.
Each monster will have different defensive stats that are better suited to face certain types of combat styles. For example, Gargoyles are weak to crush attacks, which means using melee combat with a crush weapon will from the best DPS.
Question: What Is The Hardest Slayer Boss?
Answer: All adventures will want to achieve the ultimate challenge of beating a boss within OSRS. Slayer masters can assign boss tasks if you’ve purchased “like a boss” ability for 200 reward points. However, no 2 tasks are the same because bosses are significantly vary in difficulty. Here’s a list from the most challenging bosses to the easiest.
Each boss has unique mechanics that seem difficult at first. However, once you get a few `kills, you’ll slowly become more efficient and achieve more kills per hour. Boss tasks are one of the best sources for money-making because they can drop expensive rare loot.
Slayer is an interesting skill that will make players explore Gielinor to its fullest extent. Furthermore, it gives players goals and the chance to generate huge amounts of GP. Also, you’ll be learning certain game mechanics and improving yourself within the world of RuneScape.
Slayer is a lengthy skill, so it should be considered a long-term goal rather than a quick skill like Cooking , Crafting , or Herblore . Finally, although the skill is known as a brilliant money-maker, you’ll need good gear to kill the high-tier monsters effectively.
- Contact OSRS Guide - September 13, 2022
- Violet is Blue RS3 Guide - August 3, 2022
- Falador Diary OSRS Guide - July 12, 2022